Safety is a core value of Kao and the Bioré brand. We exceed the regulatory requirements and industry safety standards for each product we sell. Our Safety team is involved from the earliest stages of development and continues monitoring safety after the product is in your hands. We do this by looking in depth at the individual ingredients, the complete formula and users’ experiences.
Bioré Clean products are created to address your concerns around specific ingredients. While all ingredients used by Bioré are safe (when used as instructed), we recognize your desire to avoid specific ingredients altogether.
- We scrutinize all ingredients, as well as, potential impurities that may be in the raw materials used to manufacture the product.
- When evaluating the final formula, we even consider the use of ingredients in products beyond our own Bioré products. In other words, we consider that a single ingredient may be used in multiple products to ensure your safety no matter what your regular skincare routine includes.
- Our Safety team continues to monitor and evaluate feedback from consumers who have used the product and provided comments on social media or directly to our consumer care group. This helps us to continuously improve our product performance.
Bioré Clean goes above and beyond the expectations of other clean products. Bioré will not sacrifice performance as we develop our Bioré Clean products - each meets our high standards to deliver the promised benefits.
The ingredients restricted from use in Bioré Clean products include:
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Formaldehyde Donors
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI)
- Methylisothiazolinone (MIT)
- Microplastic Beads
- Parabens (all parabens)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)